Current Litter Adoption Process
Everyone knows that COVID-19 has brought with it a whole new set of rules and regulations and safety protocols. With that being said, our protocols here at our home have changed as well.
Puppy picking will not be done in person anymore. Picking will be done thru short videos and pictures only. We have created a YouTube channel, AutumnBlaze Bassets, where all our videos are uploaded.
Picking of your puppy must be done by the time the puppies are 6 weeks old. We will NOT have anyone here to see the puppies until the day they are to be picked up. It is for the safety of the puppies, but just as important, the safety of our family. When you have picked out your puppy, I will email/fax you the paperwork so that it is all done for pickup day.
Unfortunately, pickup day will be different as well. There will be no visiting and playing with the other puppies that may still be here. Again, safety first.
The Deposit schedule is still the same :
Waiting list deposit - $500
When puppies have arrived - $500
at 6 weeks of age - $1000
Remainder at 8 weeks in cash
The normal procedure when Covid is over is below:
Once the litter is born :
1. I will contact those who are on my waiting list with a non refundable deposit of $500 and let them know that the puppies have arrived. An additional non refundable $500 will be required to reserve a puppy from the current litter.
2. After I have heard from all those on the waiting list, I will start taking non refundable deposits of $1000 from families that were not on our waiting list. The non refundable deposit is taken off the total price of the puppy. Please fill out a PUPPY APPLICATION (if you haven't already done so) and indicate your preferred gender. Puppies are on a first come first served basis. Once again, picking order goes in the order that the deposits are received.
3. Picking of puppies starts anytime after the puppies are 2 weeks old, in order of deposits, thru pictures and videos. You will be told ahead of time which pick you are. We DO NOT allow under any circumstance, let any visitors to see the puppies in person until they have had their first set of vaccines. This is for their protection from potentially deadly diseases that can be carried in on the soles of your shoes, clothes etc.
4. At 6 weeks old, the puppy picking weekend begins. Its finally here, the weekend everyone waits for. I will contact everyone prior to this weekend and arrange a time for you to come out and pick out your puppy. I realize that not everyone will be able to make the trip down to pick out their puppy, so you may pick from pictures and videos of the puppies. Also at 6 weeks, your next deposit of $1000 is due for your puppy. The remaining is due in cash when you pick him/her up at 8 weeks.
5. The 2 weeks between picking out your puppy and being able to come take them home will seem like an eternity, so I will email more pictures and videos so that you wont miss a moment of their growing. The best way to watch the puppies grow is following us on Instagram (@autumnblazebassets), or on our new YouTube channel - AutumnBlaze Bassets.
6. The remainder of the money is due when the puppies are 8 weeks old. This amount is due in CASH. Under no circumstance will your puppy leave our kennel until they are fully paid for.